Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Champion Moviegoer Reesa Gives Us Her Top 10 Lists
I don't know how she does it and I'm not going to ask. Our staff writer Reesa has somehow probably seen close to every film put out this year. I've truly never seen such dedication to movies in my entire life. If she can't get into a press screening, you better believe she'll be standing in line for an advanced one. Cripes - I spoke with her yesterday and she even PAID to see two or three films over the Christmas holiday. Now that truly is dedication! Check out her list of the Top 10 Best and Worst of 2009 after the jump.
Best of 2009:
1. Avatar - Everyone dissed the storyline, but I really enjoyed the simplicity so that I could immerse myself into this beautifully realized world.
2. Star Trek - This is tied with my #1 favorite movie of the year. Revitalized the franchise and put a fresh spin on the old characters. Can’t wait for more!
3. Thirst - This Korean vampire feature is hysterically funny, sexy, and demented.
4. Zombieland - The best and funniest of zombie flicks right up there with Shaun of the Dead.
5. Watchmen - The perfect translation of a comic. May have been too long for non fans, but beautifully done.
6. Terminator Salvation - As a big fan of the movie and TV series, except for T3 which should never have happened, I was not as disappointed as some people.
7. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - The best of the Harry Potters so far. Didn’t waste time filling in non fans with back story.
8. Moon - Caught this at the AFI Dallas was really surprised by this movie. One of the best of the festival.
9. District 9 - Very cool commentary of aliens and prejudice. Nicely done.
10. Grace - Another AFI Dallas screening that really creeped me out. Good nightmare inducing fare.
Worst of 2009:
1. Year One - Why do they make movies like this? Why did I go?
2. Land of the Lost - Tired of Will Farrell movies.
3. Final Destination 4 3-D - They should pull the plug on this franchise.
4. Paranormal Activity - Don’t know why there was such a stink over this movie. Maybe if they tried to pretend it was true…
5. The Fourth Kind - OK..they tried to pretend this was true, and it was just horrible.
6, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - It was really hard to tell what was going on. Gave me a headache.
7. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - I secretly like the Underworld series, but this was just frustratingly boring.
8. GI Joe: The Rise of the Cobra - A little bit of everything that has been done before and not done as well. Bigger and louder does not make it better.
9. Jennifer’s Body - I had such high hopes for Diablo Cody’s script. Really let me down.
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Even a leaked version of this movie did not help the final product. Really hope the next X-Men feature has more story, less flash.